Saturday 3 August 2013

[August 03] 2. A Goal I Have And How I Am Going to Reach it

I almost forgot about this. I had another blog post planned, and I was about to start writing it, when I glanced at my post I did the other day and remembered. Memory like a sieve.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*
My Goal
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*

As I wrote the other day, my next goal in life is to be high intermediate in French by August next year. I am quite familiar with learning a new language and I know what works for me, so I already have a sort of mental road map. When I started learning Japanese, I started out with textbooks like Teach Yourself Japanese, Oxford Japanese Grammar and Verbs, and anything else I could get my hands on. After finishing the textbooks, I literally jumped in the deep end. I just did everything in Japanese. Of course, I still studied long the while, but that was mainly just looking up stuff I came across I didn't know. I intend to do the exact same with French.

Since French is a European language and is a lot closer to English than Japanese is, I feel it will be a lot easier to pick up, especially if I study it the way I did Japanese. I learn better by just surrounding myself in the language and forcing myself to use it. Once I have completed a few textbooks (I'm thinking about using Teach Yourself French, Living Language French and a bunch of grammar books), then I will purchase some French books off Amazon. They are relatively cheap and easy to get, a world away from Japanese books which are so expensive and so hard to get! Then, I will try and find some French TV or films to watch, all the while practicing French online, in notebooks and in my head.

Hopefully, by doing all this, I should be able to at a comfortable level in French. Allons-y ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment