Friday 2 August 2013

[Aug 02] 1. A Person I Admire

And thus, this kicks off the August 2013 blogging challenge I am taking part in! To be honest, this one took a lot of thinking...Who do I admire? I admire a lot of people, but when I thought about it I couldn't get any substantial reasons. Like, I do have my reasons, but they don't seem like proper reasons. But I eventually decided. So, without further ado...

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*
A Person I Admire
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*
...without a doubt has to be my mum. I know, you were probably waiting for a more exciting answer. But when I think about it, she is a great woman. I always used to joke (and still do) that she runs the house with an iron fist - but she really does! She is such a strong, determined and hardworking woman. Nothing stops her.

She has been through a lot these past few years and none of it stops her. She never sits down for five minutes, always on the go. She currently works as a nurse and works night shifts nearly every day of the week, sometimes leaving the house at 6PM and not returning until 10AM the next day. Even after a long night of work, she will still find the time to make food for everyone, see to my younger sisters and do the odd chores around the house. Even though, a lot of the family are always helping out, she still doesn't want to burden people, and just does it herself. It really is amazing, though we all wish she would just put her feet up for five minutes! Haha.

I really think that if it wasn't for my mum, I wouldn't be who I am today. Growing up with such a strong and motivated individual, it really inspired me. I want to be as hardworking and as motivated as her. She goes and does what needs to be done, she never complains, or wishes she had it better... she just does it. It is required of her so she will put in 110%. I just find that so amazing, and I really think I'm blessed to have such a mother. Over the years I may have called her unfair, cold, had our fall outs -- but now I live away from home I kind of see the bigger picture. I have came to respect and be thankful for everything she does for the family, and I have really come to admire her as a person. 

This is poorly written, mainly because it is really hard to explain what a woman she is. To put it short, she is a Sagittarius ;) That probably explains her a whole lot more than I can!

But she is my hardworking, motivated, driven, kind and awesome mother - and she is the person who I admire!




No comments:

Post a Comment