Wednesday 7 August 2013

[Aug 07] 5. A Book I Read Recently

Again, I almost forgot to do this. Eek. I'm really bad at this! Haha. I came onto check my blog and realised I hadn't done the blog challenge...

A Book I Read Recently

A Dance With Dragons, the 5th book in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series. I am totally hooked. I started reading a Game of Thrones, which is the 1st book, 2 years ago. And since then, I have been unable to put the books down. I cannot really write about the book since I'll spoil it! But all I can say that is a great addition to an already great series and I am really enjoying it. It is separated into two parts, and I am on the second part now. This is the "last" book, as in, the author George R. R. Martin is still working on the 6th book. I want to take my time with this book so that I am not left waiting to find out happens for too long but, the book is too good, I cannot ... not not stop reading it! (?) I am just afraid that like many other avid fans of the series who finished the book when it first came out, I will be left waiting years to find out what happens next in the story.

What is even more worrying is that there is also a TV series about the books, which is catching up to the books at an alarming rate! Some fans say they are worried that the TV series will surpass the books before George is finished writing them. The makers of the TV series have been told what George has in mind for the ending, so they will be able to continue, although I'm not sure what they would do. It's fine knowing the ending, but I wonder if they will make their own turn of events leading up to it. Or if George would advise them along the way. Or if he would just tell them to stop and wait until he catches up! Haha. I'm sure a lot of fans would prefer that.

I really recommended you pick up the series if you have not already. It is fantasy, and set in medieval times, but it is a whole new take on it. Very adult and very real - but still a fantasy. Highly recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment